Become a Partner in this ministry!
PURPOSE OF JEWISH AWARENESS MINISTRIES:
Proclaim the Messiah: In following the biblical mandate of “to the Jew first” our personnel have an evangelistic outreach ministry to the Jewish people of their community and, at times, beyond. Our conviction of the local churches’ biblical responsibility to share the Gospel with their Jewish friends motivates our ministry to train, equip, and encourage local churches to have an evangelistic outreach to the Jewish community in their area. Matt. 28:18-20; Rom. 1:16; 11:11, 28-31.
Preach the Word: Our conviction that the Bible is the inspired word of God and the instrument the Holy Spirit uses to teach and convince believers and unbelievers underlines our commitment to sound biblical preaching and teaching so that individuals and local churches may be challenged to adopt the biblical understanding concerning Israel, Jewish Evangelism and Jewish Missions.
Pray for Israel: Psalm 122:6 commands us to “pray for the peace of Jerusalem.” Isaiah 62:6-7 requires believers to intercede for Israel with God until the Lord rules in Jerusalem. Jewish Awareness Ministries personnel regularly pray for the salvation of Jewish people and for Israel to know peace. We encourage individual Christians and local churches to join us in this holy responsibility.
1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God inerrant in the original writings and of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
2 Tim. 3:16,17
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in Three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, equal in every divine perfection and executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption.
3. We believe that God the Son became incarnate in the Person of Jesus Christ who was begotten by the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary, and that He is true God and true man.
Matt. 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-38
4. We believe in the Genesis account of creation, that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but that spiritual death which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, become sinners in thought, word and deed.
Gen. 1:27; Rom. 5:12; Ezek. 18:4; Eph. 4:8; Rom. 3:12,23
5. We believe that Jesus Christ was absolutely without sin, that He died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary Sacrifice, and that all who believe in and accept Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood, have their sins pardoned and receive the gift of eternal life.
2 Cor. 5:21; 1 Cor. 15:3; John 1:29; Rom. 5:9, 6:23; Col. 1:14; 1 John 5:12
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
Rom. 1:14; Luke 24:39; Acts 1:9; Heb. 7:25, 4:14; 1 John 2:1
7. We believe in “that blessed hope,” the imminent pre-tribulation rapture of the church, and the personal, visible, bodily, premillenial return of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ with the church.
Acts 1:11; 1 Thess. 4:13-18; Luke 12:40
8. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
John 1:12, 3:3-7; Rom. 8:16
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
Dan. 12:2,3; John 5:24,29; Rev. 20:4,5, 10:15; 1 John 5:12; 2 Cor. 5:1
10. We believe in the ordinances which Christ has commanded us to observe: believers’ baptism by immersion and the Lord’s supper.
Matt. 28:19,20; Acts 8:36-38, 10:47,48; Rom. 6:3-8; 1 Cor. 11:23-26
11. We believe in the church, a living spiritual body of which Christ is the Head and all regenerated people are members.
1 Cor. 12:27; Eph. 1:22,23; 2:19-22
12. We believe that the business of the Church is to preach the Gospel, to build up its members in the faith, to make disciples, to teach and instruct as Christ commanded, and to evangelize the world.
Matt. 28:19.20; 2 Tim. 4:2; Col. 2:6,7
13. We believe, as concerning the flesh, that the Lord Jesus Christ came of Israel, and He is over all God blessed forever.
14. We believe that it is required of every Christian to live a life separated from the world.
Rom. 12:2; 2 Cor. 6:14-17; 1 John 2:15-17
15. All trustees, committees, and staff members of Jewish Awareness Ministries, Inc. must be affiliated with churches or organizations which are separated from the World Council of Churches, their member organizations and from neo-evangelicalism. Membership in a church or organization within the World Council of Churches or neo-evangelicalism automatically disqualifies any nominee from consideration of these positions. (Voted and passed at the Annual Meeting, October 16, 1998).
2 Cor. 6:14-17
16. Policy re Charismatics: We do not approve of, embrace, nor condone the modern-day Charismatic Movement, with its emphasis on tongues and healing. It is understood that any worker, Board member or committee member who becomes involved with it must resign his position or be removed from office.
2 Cor. 6:14-17
17. We believe in the Biblical Holiness and spiritualness of family and church and members thereof. We also believe that marriage is a union between a man and a woman, and that any other sexual activity such as adultery, homosexuality, incest, etc., is considered sin, and any one engaging in the same is disqualified from service or employment with this mission.
Genesis 2:24; Exodus 20:14; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Cor. 6:9-11
Leave a Reply
Subscribe to the JAM E-mail Updates